Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ngen.exe install does not initiate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 frerom

frerom

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

The computer was acquired used and was initially on a network.

On one of the posts in 2009 a suggestion was made to run the following in a cmd window.
ngen.exe executequeueditems
When I do that I find that ngen.exe runs but access is denied. There is an error compiling accessibility.

My question is "This computer is mainly used for browsing the internet, email and games. Do I need net. framework 2. Should I uninstall it?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

<<My question is "This computer is mainly used for browsing the internet, email and games. Do I need net. framework 2. Should I uninstall it?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.>>

Various applications require a given version of MS.NET for proper functioning. Various games require a version of MS.NET. Why would you want to uninstall any existing version?

As for your reference to ngen.exe executequeueditems...I have no idea what you refer to, the context in which it was mentioned/suggested...or by whom. Can you post a link?

FWIW: I've never seen any MS reference indicating that such command was necessary and I've been installing MS.NET on my systems from the beginning without ever taking the actions you describe. I've not seen a problem from my lack of action.

Louis

#3 frerom

frerom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hi Louis,
Thanks for the reply. I apologize for not posting a clear description of my problem. I am having trouble navigating in this forum and I can't find the post that I referred to. But I believe it had to do with "some unknown reason Mscorsvw.exe is using 50% of my cpu"
Re "ngen.exe executequeueditems" refer to the following link.http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6t9t5wcf(v=vs.80).aspx
I'll provide a more detailed description of the errors generated by "ngen.exe executequeueditems" in my next post.
Frerom

#4 frerom

frerom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

My reference to the post in 2009 can be found in http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic249947.html

I just ran "ngen.exe executequeueditems" again and everything appears to be working. Following is a copy of the cmd.exe window.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred>cd C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\framework\v2.0.50727

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>ngen.exe executequeueditems
Microsoft ® CLR Native Image Generator - Version 2.0.50727.3053
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
All compilation targets are up to date.

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>

I checked Microsoft update and noticed that update KB2686828 was successfully installed on both June 22 and June 23.
So I guess the problem has been rectified somehow.
Topic can be considered closed.
Have a great day
Frerom

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

:thumbsup: , happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic