Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb External Drive Recognision

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cattch08

cattch08

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:00 PM

help i have a new usbtech usb bus power external hard drive and plugged it into my win xp computer and it recognised it. Then a few days later when we plugged it in it does not show in my computer and there is no drive showing thanks cattch08

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 diego88

diego88

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:42 PM

Hello cattch08!!

I wonder what is happening as well?? Did you try unplugging all connections and restarting your PC. Then reconnecting? Then if that doesn't work...try unplugging, turning off PC, reconnecting, and turning your PC on again with everything all hooked up.

Side note...if you go to unplug your external hard drive please make sure you don't simply unplug it. You should see an icon on the bottom right corner of your screen that when right clicked will give you options to unplug your drive.

Good luck, :thumbsup:

diego88

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users