Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 Standard Cannot Receive Email

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lux Mundi

Lux Mundi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Okay I tired Using Frontier's tech support, but they said a problem on Windows end(and their tech support is pretty useless so thus i went here...), as said here (the problem is also described here with the chat log[note he did ask for email and password which i removed from chat dialogue]):

10:50 AM Connecting... 10:50 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
10:53 AM Support session established with Frontier Internet Chat Support. 10:53 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: Thank you for contacting Frontier Technical Support. My name is Levi. How may I assist you today?
10:53 AM Jonathan: Hello Levi,

So in Outlook 2007 I cannot receive mail, I haven't tried send, and it gives me this error code: 0x800ccc92

It basically keeps asking for the password, even if it is correct, so when i try to look at my mail that I know I should have online it isn't there either.

I tried "Create a new Outlook profile" as per http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684, but it failed. When I tried to change my password, as according to one website that said it could be corrupt, I got this: Couldn't change password:
ChangePasswordForcedRequest: Failed Yahoo API call: Internal Error: Login does not exist for user open [100010]

So could you offer any solutions?

Please and thanks
10:54 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: One moment
10:54 AM Jonathan: No problem
11:01 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: hmm
11:05 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: Okay, try logging into the webmail at webmail.frontier.com
11:06 AM Jonathan: Okay I logged in.
11:06 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: okay, that tells me there is nothing wrong server side
11:06 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: Do you mind if I remote in to take a look at outlooks settings?
11:07 AM Jonathan: Sure, how do I do that?
11:07 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support would like to start an operation which requires an applet to be downloaded. Download Applet
11:08 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: Please download and run the applet.
11:08 AM Jonathan: Okay
11:08 AM Checking configuration...
11:08 AM Applet connecting...
11:08 AM Applet connected.
11:09 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: Please allow
11:09 AM You have granted full permission to Frontier Internet Chat Support. To revoke, click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause/Break on the keyboard.
11:09 AM Remote Control started by Frontier Internet Chat Support.
11:17 AM Frontier Internet Chat Support: Okay, your settings are perfect, and the webmail is logging in. At this point, you will need to contact Microsoft, as it is an issue on their end
11:17 AM Jonathan: Okay thanks anyway
11:17 AM Jonathan has revoked all permissions.
11:17 AM Remote Control by Frontier Internet Chat Support stopped.
11:17 AM You have ended the session.

I have also tried putting the same setting or tired using other email programs like Mozilla Thunderbird, which also failed. Make note that on the web email displays no emails even though i should be receiving them due to things like Facebook.

So can anybody help?

Edited by Lux Mundi, 22 June 2012 - 07:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Hi -
What version of Windows (2000, XP, Vista Win7) and Service Pack (1, 2, 3) are you currently using -
Have you checked This Solution from M/soft for Error Number: 0x800CCC92 -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users