Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello and thank you

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bullet2Hart

Bullet2Hart

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hey, I'll try cut this short.

Yesterday, I loaded my computer up as just another day of gaming and browsing the internet was due. However to my dismay I found that my internet was being EXTREMELY slow, as in, I couldn't even load 90% of webpages, only Facebook home page, and google search and a few websites from that.
After about half an hour of fiddling around with Drivers, deleting cookies, clearing temp folders, running virus scans and malaware software i almost gave up.
So i typed "Really slow internet can't load pages" into Google as a last resort to what looked like an inevitable Re-Format since i know it wasn't my connection and it was something that was on my computer, as my laptop worked perfectly.

I found your site amongst the many others, and I remember checking here for something before and I was directed towards your ComboCleaner. I thought, "Ah what the heck i might aswel try" Luckily your site was running and I managed to download it. Funny thing was that the download was running at over 600kb/s but no webpages were loading up, that's when i suspected SpyWare or something along those lines.

The CC Launched and I sat back for about 10 minutes before a message popped up, saying it had found a RootKit.ZeroAccess Residing inside my IP Address :| , No idea what the hell a Rootkit is, just searched it on Google and I thought i was quite computer literate!

Anyways after about 40 minutes of being sat there my computer restarted and hey presto, the internet is perfectly fine! So I just wanna say thanks since it's been a while since I've reformatted and theres alot! of game patches (About 50gb) that I don't have saved somewhere.

Cool beans <3

Edited by Bullet2Hart, 22 June 2012 - 07:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users