Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forget the password phrase of PFP WDE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kill69me

kill69me

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

hI,

i am using winxpSP3, which installed with PGP-WDE. now my password phrase doesnt matches and i was not able to log in my PC. can anyone please help me how to remove PGP setup. i just got it from my friend and he set it which i don't know how to get ride of it and my PC is now inaccessible... HELP PLS!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

Sounds like you need to either...

Contact your friend (most obvious alternative, IMO).

Contact Symanatec re it's application.

Getting around encryption is not in the same league as merely bypoassing a BIOS password, IMO.

Louis

#3 kill69me

kill69me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the reply...
i checked with Symantec website and is it possible to boot with Flash-drive using Bootcamp???

Thanks!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Aahhh...I know nothing about either Bootcamp or flash drives (other than the ones I use for music storage/players).

Let's see what others here can volunteer :).

Louis

#5 kill69me

kill69me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

i hope too..

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hi -
Please visit This Norton Forum Site for other details
PGP cannot be uninstalled, and the data cannot be accessed, without first decrypting the disk. You can either connect the computer's disk with another computer with PGP installed or use the PGP WDE Recovery CD to decrypt the disk. The WDE Recovery CD is slow 16 bit processing and can take several days to complete, and must not be stopped once it has started. When it reports 0% still encrypted, it needs to continue to work on the last 1%, and is not complete until it actually reports the decryption as complete.

NOTE: One computer took 7 days running to remove PGP-WDE fully -

Edited by noknojon, 22 June 2012 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users