Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2002 SP3 irritating problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tempsc

tempsc

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hello. (Moderator. Pls move this post if made in thr wrong place)

I have been using MSOutlook for years with no problems. I recently had a problem with a virus and other members of this fantastic community assisted me greatly in its removal. Unfortunately, there has been a sort of by product to the removal as when starting Outlook or using it to send or receive emails, a further pop up opens advising that it is configuring itself followed by an error code of 1706 and advising solutions to the problem to see C:\Program files\microsoft office\office10\1033\setup.hlp. I've attempted to sort out the problem myself without success so am hoping that someone may be able to advise on a solution to the problem.

Tks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Is this the exact error message you are getting?

Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033\Setup.hlp.

If so: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297834
seems to more or less apply.

It seems as if it may be looking for the source disc or network location if it was installed that way as part of configuring itself. I suspect it needs to retrieve some file(s).

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 29 June 2012 - 04:44 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users