Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on WIN7...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Twisted13

Twisted13

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

I know I've been here with various issues already, but got a BSOD the other day.. I haven't had one since though *knock on wood*. I'm not sure why I got it though, but tried googling about it and don't really know what it could be... Here's the log from BlueScreenViewer or whatever program that is lol...

061712-25989-01.dmp	6/17/2012 8:21:35 AM	SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED	0x1000007e	0xc0000005	0x00000000	0x8d7231dc	0x8d722dc0	fvevol.sys	fvevol.sys+1854	BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver	Microsoft® Windows® Operating System	Microsoft Corporation	6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)	32-bit		fvevol.sys+1854	fvevol.sys+274d	ntkrnlpa.exe+375be		C:\Windows\Minidump\061712-25989-01.dmp	2	15	7601	146,760

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

If you have had only the one blue screen, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Let's see what it looks like though. Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

Edit - It looks like I just overposted Allan, but please run the scannow and chkdsk programs first -

Hi -
My first idea is to run sfc /scannow from an Elevated Command Prompt. You may need to run this 2 or 3 times -
Next using the same method I would run chkdsk /r to check the main disk -

Following those 2 items, then I would re-run Blue Screen View program, as listed below -
Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file)
  • Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
  • Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
  • When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
  • Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...
  • Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.
Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 22 June 2012 - 06:57 AM.

#4 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

If you have had only the one blue screen, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Let's see what it looks like though. Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

Hello, I did that above, but it came out crappy lol. Here's a better copy of it.. :)

==================================================
Dump File : 061712-25989-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/17/2012 8:21:35 AM
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000007e
Parameter 1 : 0xc0000005
Parameter 2 : 0x00000000
Parameter 3 : 0x8d7231dc
Parameter 4 : 0x8d722dc0
Caused By Driver : fvevol.sys
Caused By Address : fvevol.sys+1854
File Description : BitLocker Drive Encryption Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address :
Stack Address 1 : fvevol.sys+1854
Stack Address 2 : fvevol.sys+274d
Stack Address 3 : ntkrnlpa.exe+375be
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\061712-25989-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 146,760
==================================================

#5 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Edit - It looks like I just overposted Allan, but please run the scannow and chkdsk programs first -

Hi -
My first idea is to run sfc /scannow from an Elevated Command Prompt. You may need to run this 2 or 3 times -
Next using the same method I would run chkdsk /r to check the main disk -

Following those 2 items, then I would re-run Blue Screen View program, as listed below -
Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file)

• Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
  • Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
  • When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
  • Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...
  • Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.
Thank You -

Hello to you as well... :) I ran the sfc /scannow the other day, and it came back fine. But I can rerun it now, as well as other thing too... I already posted the Blue Screen View log above though... :)

#6 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Here's from running sfc /scannow

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /r
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N) y

This volume will be checked the next time the system restarts.

C:\Windows\system32>

Edited by Twisted13, 22 June 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#7 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

Im doing disk check now...stage 4 going yet. But whats weird lately too..is its like my dsl internet hangs or bogs down or drops after 12 to 24 hours...i need reboot computer to fix it....in my bios it says from 2007...also says processor type or whatever is 64 bit technology...but im running windows 7 32bit...i also cant auto update and get pci controllers with windows updates...i have windows 7 home premium disc...maybe the company where i bought tower off ebay gave me wrong disc? Instead of giving me windows 7 64bit they gave me 32bit?

#8 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Okay, check disk is done too... Didn't say there was any issues... What's next? :)

#9 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Um, hello? lol

You think I could / should .. get copy of Windows 7 64 bit... install that instead of the WIN7 32 bit? ....
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hcCC4a30femlJihLvQvV6gZ

I dunno but in BIOS... it said about processor having 64 bit technology...

Edited by Twisted13, 22 June 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

<<Okay, check disk is done too... Didn't say there was any issues... What's next?>>

Well...what system problems do you now see?

I run both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Win 7...it's not big deal which you choose.

The vast majority of systems being used today...are 64-bit systems...been that way for years. Running a 32-bit O/S obviously has no significance for 64-bit machines.

You can always use Google...to find more elaborate discussions about these points.

But...what problems do you now have with your system?

Louis

#11 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Well i still dont know what caused the bsod in first place...so i can maybe prevent it from happening again or just fix it lol. It has happened since the 17th though when it originally happened. :/ i updated the bios to more current version few hours ago....ran system check with dell...when i had my other 500gb hdd in as secondary...dell check for smart self check failed....ppl else where online basically said that mean hdd about to fail totally. If i remember right..the bsod happened little while after i installed that hdd as secondary storage hdd...i removed it now...and put in the 160gb hdd as secondary backup drive..reran dell system check and it all passed. So maybe it was just that one 500gb drive thats about junk....that gave the bsod....that basically all i have now...

#12 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

If you have had only the one blue screen, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Edited by Allan, 22 June 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#13 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

But whats weird lately too..is its like my dsl internet hangs or bogs down or drops after 12 to 24 hours...i need reboot computer to fix it

Please contact your Internet Service Provider to see if there are any problems that they know of in your area, or they can help with -

Thank You -

#14 Twisted13

Twisted13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

yeah i had contacted them. they moved our account / line to another box at their main dsl center, and it still doing it. i think i seen some where when googling, it's the Intel Gigabit Ethernet (Intel® 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection) card issues. I'll have to look into it more then... :(

#15 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

yeah i had contacted them. they moved our account / line to another box at their main dsl center, and it still doing it.

Thanks for the info - Please keep us updated with your progress - :busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users