we still have a little more work to do, so stay with me till I give you the all clear
please do the following:
Click WinKey + R
to open a run box > type notepad
into the open run box > OK > this will open Notepad
and make certain that Word Wrap
the text inside of the code box
into the open Notepad
Now go to File
> and click Save As
From the drop down menu at the top of the box choose Desktop
as the location to save this file.
Go down to the File Name
box and type in fixme.reg
as the file name, then choose All Files
as the save as file type
Then click the save
Once you have clicked the save button, close Notepad.
You should now see a file on your desktop that looks like this:
Locate the fixme.reg
icon on your desktop and double click it, an information box will pop up asking if you want to merge the information in the file into the registry, click YES
Once the file has run, the information will have merged with your registry so you can delete fixme.reg
from your desktop as you won't be needing it any more.
Copy/paste the text inside the Codebox below into notepad:
- Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before following the steps below.
- They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Here's how to do that:
Click Start > Run
This will open an empty notepad file:Copy
all the text inside of the code box
- Press Ctrl+C
(or right click on the highlighted section and choose 'copy')
the copied text into the open notepad - press CTRL+V
(or right click and choose 'paste')
Save this file to your desktop, Save this as "CFScript"
Here's how to do that:
2.Click Save As
... Change the directory to your desktop
3.Change the Save as type
to "All Files";
4.Type in the file name: CFScript
5.Click Save ...
CAUTION: Do not
- Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
- ComboFix may request an update; please allow it.
- ComboFix will now run a scan on your system. It may reboot your system when it finishes. This is normal.
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.**Note**
When CF finishes running, the ComboFix log will open along with a message box--do not be alarmed. With the above script, ComboFix will capture files to submit for analysis.
- Ensure you are connected to the internet and click OK on the message box.
Please advise if there are any outstanding issues
Edited by CatByte, 23 June 2012 - 07:25 AM.