Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Code 43 Video Card Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SyianZi

SyianZi

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Alright, After months of waiting I've finally got the parts I needed to upgrade/get my rig running again. The problem I'm having at this moment is my computer completely froze, (Then I hit reboot) and the resolution had changed to 1280x1024. I turned my computer off and took the side off and took out my Graphics card, I then changed it to the other Graphics Card slot and booted back up. It ran fine. I did some research into the errors I got which where

Driver Power State failure(Which I always happened when coming out of sleep mode (I've turned sleep mode off and no longer receive this error))
and
DPC Watchdog Violation (Which is what came up the first time my Graphics card didn't run properly (Correct resolution))

So now, when I go into device manager, there's a yellow explanation mark by my Nvidia 8800GT and it says there's a Code 43 Error.

I don't know what's causing this or how to fix it.

Some Background: About 5+months ago I spilt a liquid into this machine and fried my MOBO. Since then I've bought an M5a99x evo Motherboard, 8gb 1600mhz RAM and an AMD 6 core 3.3Ghz Processor. I'm running a 500GB Sata 3gbs HDD and an 8800GT with a 750w PSU with 50a on the 12v rail.

I don't have an OS as funds are really low, so thats why I've given Windows 8 a try, ontop of that, I want to upgrade my HDD and GPU (-->560ti)

Any help would be really great, thank you.
(Will supply any info requested, just bare with me, thanks)

System Information:

Spoiler

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Where did the liquid go, because you could have damaged other components.

#3 SyianZi

SyianZi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Landed on the Mobo, GPU and PSU. Mobo doesn't work at all, but I've have managed to play Dungeon defenders and a few mmo's for several hours on this card. This problem happened twice, both while in game with Terraria. (Though may not be related)

System Information:

Spoiler

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

I would be willing to bet, that your video card is damaged, and I would suggest getting a new one.

#5 SyianZi

SyianZi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

yeah that's my worse fear, I appreciate you taking the time to check the problem over mind, thanks.

System Information:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users