Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Deal With Realdownload Express?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:32 AM

Spybot search & destroy picked up RealDownloadExpress as a problem. Googling this I got to Net-Integration Forum which gave only 2 old un- updatable pages saying this was spyware logging my profile.
Using Spybot's 'Fix this problem' I get the message 'Restore point being created and window will go when this is finished' (or words to that effect).
After 10 mins. or so still not finished with screen frozen so only way I could stop it was through Task Manager.
I know that thru Mode on Spybot I can turn off this Restore Point creation but it warns that if I fiddle with the Advanced settings I can do my computer harm if I don't know what I'm doing, which is so!

Can anyone tell me how long this restore point creation is likely to take or what else I can do about this particular spyware?
Thanks
XP Home SP2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:52 AM

Getting to safe-mode

Try running adaware/spybot from "safe mode with command prompt"

At the C:\ prompt type the following:-

cd\
C:\progra~1\spybot~1\spybotsd.exe /autocheck /autofix
cd\
C:\progra~1\lavasoft\ad-awa~1\ad-aware.exe

#3 zzzz

zzzz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 581 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:53 PM

Thanks Stidyup for your response. Sorry for delay in acknowledgment as layed up with the flu.
Shall consider your advice when I'm well enough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users