Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm New To All This Spy And Malware Stuff

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Box

The Box

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:27 AM

Hello,

This is "The Box" and I am new here and new to coping with Spy and Malware. My daughter has a pesky program on her P.C. called Collected 5.1 and it replicates itself when deleted. I understand that Hi-Jack This will get rid of it but I must be dumb because I find that particular program cumbersome. Does anyone here know how to get rid of this particular pest of a program?

Here's Hoping,

The Box

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

With all the immense benefits we derive from the Internet, there comes a price: malware in all its forms. When troubleshooting something like this, the first step is to run your updated resident anti-virus, and then several anti-spyware applications (also updated) in Safe Mode. In many cases, a combination of these will safely and quickly get rid of the problem.

HJT is a more advanced diagnostic tool that admittedly(perhaps because of its origins) is rather "geeky," but running it and then submitting it to scrutiny by our volunteer team of experts who can work with you to rid your hard drive of malware, is an almost certain way to finally get rid of your problem.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:27 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! The Box.
Glad to have you aboard!

Good Luck,
yano :flowers: