Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Event Viewer subscriptions problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tariintod

tariintod

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image
In the Event Viewer (subscriptions section) , I clicked YES by mistake as shown above (I didn't intend to create a subscription ) and after that ,in order to cancel this change , I set Windows Event collector service(Wecsvc)'s startup type to disabled from the command prompt with these commands : sc stop "Wecsvc" and then sc config "Wecsvc" start= disabled .
But later I googled it and saw that the default startup type of Wecsvc for windows 7 Ultimate X86 should be set to Manual , therefore I changed this from disabled to Manual from start>>services>>Windows event collector>>manual .
After these changes , Wecsvc is shown as stopped from the task manager now.

My first question is:

I've also checked Wersvc(Windows error reporting service) from the task manager and it is shown as stopped ,too.From the services it is set to manual and it has no dependencies.Is this the default startup type for Wersvc?

My second and also the most important question is:
Did these changes(especially activating the subscriptions from the event viewer) modify only the startup type of Wecsvc (Windows Event Collector Service)?Or modify the startup type of Wersvc or any other services and/or settings as well?
If latter is true , how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by tariintod, 21 June 2012 - 02:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tariintod

tariintod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

Today ,I noticed another problem:
svchost.exe consumes too much CPU at startup(up to %70 ,twice)and then falls to normal after 3-4 minutes.

I looked from the task manager the services that svchost is related:

Windows Driver Foundation -User-mode Driver Framework (wudfsvc)
Desktop Window Manager Session manager (UxSms)
Distributed Link Tracking Client (TrkWks)
Superfetch (SysMain)
Program Compability Assistant Service (PcaSvc)
Network Connections(Netman)
Offline Files (CscService)
Windows Audio Endpoint Builder (AudioEndpointBuilder)

All of them are OK except CscService service because I didn't make any syncronization.
And this service is running all the time.
Does this service , CscService , runs at startup for windows 7 ultimate as default? (startup type = automatic(started)

Edited by tariintod, 22 June 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#3 everready

everready

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hi tariintod,

For what it is worth check out this link winhelponline.com windows-7-default-services-startup-config

Hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users