Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

when i have several folder's windows opened how do i see the names of them?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FlyerX

FlyerX

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

I know, the easy solution would be to turn off desktop composition, but that would be like disabling visual styles in windows XP, going back to windows 98 look.

for me the most important thing about the desktop composition is that it let me choose colors, if not it is fixed to the green/bluish windows 7 default colores and cant be changed unless desktop compositiion is enabled.

but when desktop composition is enabled (i mean, by default, it is enabled) when i move the cursor over the taskbar, over the folders i get a very nice thumbanil view, yeah.. pretty cute. but, how do i know which one is the one i am looking for? of course, there are thumbnails, but come on, they are thumbnail of folders.

check the images of what i say

here i can't see the names, until i go one by one
Posted Image

without desktop composition
Posted Image
but here with windows 7 at minimum (desktop composition turned off, with just moving the cursor over the folders in taskbar i get the menu with the names and i go to the one i need, fast and without confusion.

is there any way i can have the names with desktop composition ON? or at leas the names offer the thumbnails.

Edited by FlyerX, 21 June 2012 - 08:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlyerX

FlyerX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

Edited by FlyerX, 21 June 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

I have never used desktop composition here in my Win 7 laptop but if you want some names or details to every window, use Taskbar properties -Taskbar buttons. Use Always combine, hide labels option.

Tekken

#4 FlyerX

FlyerX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

I have never used desktop composition here in my Win 7 laptop but if you want some names or details to every window, use Taskbar properties -Taskbar buttons. Use Always combine, hide labels option.

Excellent!

Posted Image
and.. how do i get the names over the "taskbar buttons" without combining them?

Edited by FlyerX, 22 June 2012 - 12:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users