Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2007 MS Office Suite SP3 Installation Failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phoenix85

phoenix85

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hello,

I've had the MS Office SP3 downloaded by Microsoft Update for some time.
Tried to install the package and it failed. Can't seem to know why?

Please be advised that the MS Office 2007 installed on my PC is genuine (Student version).
I've had no problems installing the service pack on my laptop. (Software can be shared by
three computers).

Looking for advice to troubleshoot this problem.
Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 20 June 2012 - 05:55 PM.
Moved from XP to Business Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

some people have been saying they had to completely uninstall Office 2007 then reinstall, then immediately install SP3 for it to work.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/thread/c7f85b41-9a07-417a-8378-28ea0cf0df1e

you should first try and google the error message or code that you get when it fails

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users