Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Install iTunes on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 black069

black069

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

I previously had iTunes installed on my laptop (see specs below), but when the newest version came out, I kept getting error messages (shown below) when I tried to update to the latest version. Therefore, I completely removed iTunes from my laptop with the goal of doing a re-install from scratch. However, I continue to receive the same error messages as before (I say "continue" because I've tried several times with the same result each time). The installation begins without any problems, but after a few seconds, I get the first error message (see below), and then when I click OK, it runs for a few more seconds, and I get the second error message (see below). I am not having any other problems with my system, and I have run several anti-malware and -virus scans to make sure the problem in not an infection. I would appreciate anyone's help in solving this problem.

And, by the way, the same thing happens when I right click the iTunes set-up icon and select "Run as Administrator".

FIRST ERROR MESSAGE:
Attached File  iTunes Setup Error Message.jpg   35.27KB   7 downloads

SECOND ERROR MESSAGE:
Attached File  iTunes Setup Error Message #2.jpg   35.11KB   6 downloads

AFTERWARDS, THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE APPEARED:
Attached File  iTunes Setup Error Message #3.jpg   48.42KB   6 downloads

Machine Specs:
Sony Vaio SE Laptop 64bit
Windows 7 Professional
Intel Core i7 - 2640M Quadcore CPU @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Network Card: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230
Display Adapters: Intel HD Graphics Family; AMD Radeon HD 6630M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Have you checked any of the links at http://www.google.com/search?q=Unable+to+Install+iTunes+on+Windows+7&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS403 ?

Louis

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

This link may be the exact one you are looking for

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3581/version/1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users