Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Difference between Wordpress & Dreamweaver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Reddoug

Reddoug

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi

Trying to find what the differences are between WordPress and Dreamweaver. I had a class learning Dreamweaver and got along okay with it. Was thinking about WordPress and how hard it is to use and learn. I do not know anything about WordPress except that it is open source.

Thanks, Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Dreamweaver allows you to build custom websites in plain old HTML/CSS. Wordpress is a Content Management System, which means you will make "posts" (similar to how you posted here) to appear on your website. For a dynamic website, a CMS is a must. However, there is a learning curve involved since you will need to make themes/templates to work with the Wordpress CMS.

CMS systems have many advantages over regular HTML/CSS coding in that they make it easier to post content and add pages to your site, allow you to create a very dynamic site (such as allowing users to contribute content/images/videos), addons, commenting system, user registration/login, etc.

You could even go one step more and create your own CMS system. But that would require alot of knowledge in PHP and databases.

Also, here is a list of Features for Wordpress: http://wordpress.org/about/features/

#3 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hi

Thanks for the reply. From what I read on the links I think I will be better off with Dreamweaver. I have a fair handel with HTML and CSS.

Thanks, Doug

#4 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

In shorter terms Dreamweaver is a website development tool while Wordpress is a website you can setup and post your own content/material and let people interact with it.

#5 Fritzc

Fritzc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

People usually get confused by these two. WordPress is a CMS and Dreamweaver  is an editing tool. It allows you to create websites, but you have to have knowledge of CSS and HTML. Most people are going to prefer WordPress because of the ease of use, power, and the different features at your fingertips, but the techie might want to use Dreamweaver to build small static sites.  http://wpvsblogger.com/dreamweaver-vs-wordpress/

#6 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:09 AM

You can do anything with dreamweaver

I Love Lamp!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users