Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transfer iPhone contacts to new iPhone when iCloud and iTunes fail

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 GemiNeli

GemiNeli

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi I have ended up buyuing a new iPhone 4S to replace my old iPhone 2G. I want to transfer my old iPhone contacts exactly as they appear to my new iPhone. How do I do that? Can I do it via bluetooth as one would think?

I am a stupefied by the seemingly complex ways in which Apple support articles talk about iPhone data backup and restore via iTunes. I do not want to use iTunes as I am scared not to mess up or, god forbid, wipe out my iPhone contacts (my iTunes on my computer is not in sync with my old iPhone and as far as I know it has never been). I cannot install the iCloud on my old iPhone if I am correct...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narins

narins

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

You can use CopyTrans Contacts in combination with your computer and your two iPhones to effectuate the transfer. The below are quick steps on how to do that via using some mock-up contact entries I created on my iPhone :)

1. Download and run the program on your computer, plug in your old iPhone
2 When the contacts show up - drag and drop them to any folder on your computer

Posted Image

3. This will move your old iPhone contacts to your computer as vcf files

Posted Image

4. Now disconnect your old iPhone and connect your new device

5. Finally, drag/drop the contact entries from the folder to your new iPhone

Posted Image

6. This will finally transfer your old iPhone contacts to your new iPhone

Posted Image

Edited by narins, 20 June 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#3 GemiNeli

GemiNeli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

Narnis, thank you so much. :thumbup2: I moved my contacts from my old iPhone to my new one following your instructions. :busy:

#4 Tendaii

Tendaii

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Does this work for moving contacts between iphone 3g and iphone 5? Cheers

#5 narins

narins

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Does this work for moving contacts between iphone 3g and iphone 5? Cheers

Yep, just make sure to select the right format in which to transfer the contacts from your old iphone to your new iphone 5. In this case select the "iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch" option.

Posted Image

#6 RaizTatu

RaizTatu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

Got narins software downloaded, but can't see the tutorials...

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

This is a 16-17 month old topic and the tutorials have been removed by the author. The author of the tutorials you wish to see has not been back since July of last year. Not much we can do.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users