Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the difference?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 barton456

barton456

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

I will prepare for my A+ cert,and choose Passcert.com to get the materials,but their materials are provided in pdf and software style,I am not clear about this.what is the difference between them?and which is better?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 December 2012 - 01:57 AM.
Moved to more appropriate forum - again. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hi and Welcome -
Portable Document Format or PDF from Wikipedia -
Usually easier to print out, and that is generally what you want when doing study, as computer access can be slower -

I am not sure on the Software version, but you would want to save it to a USB Flash drive and keep opening it -

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

From passcert's FAQ

PDF version is the printable version,help your study more convenient.

I assume that "Software Style" is the electronic version that cannot be printed out, but I could be completely wrong. I don't see a description of it on Passcert's site. I do see that you have to have their software engines in order to take the "classes". Can you provide a direct quote from the site that says their materials are presented in it?

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Edited to add:

On further exploration, I find that the products Passcert offers are provided in:

PDF Version

Test Engine Version

As already stated, the PDF version is the printable kind. The name "Test Engine Version" indicates that everything is on the computer and cannot really be printed out.

~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 June 2012 - 08:19 AM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users