Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Toolbars installing themselves

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eyebrowns

eyebrowns

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

Today was Toolbar Day, basically. I had installed a video conversion freeware and it installed some toolbar called Babylon. Took a bit of time until I could un-install that. Then I DLed utorrent for something (yes! I know that torrents are bad!) but usually it's fine - this time it installed a utorrent toolbar into my Chrome. I just want to make sure that's all that they installed into my computer.

I ran a Microsoft Security Essentials scan and got nothing but, I want to be sure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranget

ranget

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

you just have to be pationet when installing Programs on your computer
Don't just Click your way through it
most of the time there is an option to not install the toolbar

if you want some piece of mind