Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to connect to some online games, verification servers and remote connections

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thegnome54

thegnome54

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone will be able to help me with this but I'm all out of ideas. I've had this problem for about a year now (!!) and it began randomly with no apparent cause.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L355d laptop running Windows Visa.

I can connect to the internet and even play some multiplayer games like Left 4 Dead 2, but my laptop refuses to let me log into minecraft or tribes-ascend, connect to verification servers when I try to update software like java, or connect to my university's remote networking service through ssh or vpn.

This problem persists over every internet connection I've tried, wireless and wired. I have disabled all of my firewalls and security programs with no change. I have uninstalled every program I installed within a month before and after the problem began. I've checked my proxy settings and things like that and found nothing amiss.

Does anyone have any suggestions for possible causes? I'm having trouble finding anyone else with a similar issue. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Edited by hamluis, 20 June 2012 - 08:58 AM.
Moved from Vista to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

What version of windows vista?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer