Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow running

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 al-123

al-123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hello all. First timer here. I have some knowledge of computers as have used since dos days. I have a e-machine m2350 with windows xp service pack 3. It is extremely slow with everything. Even when you click the start button it often take several seconds before it comes up. I have run several malware programs such as malware byte and hijack this. using microsoft essentials. I quired this because the owner could not get it to run and got a new computer. I have managed to get it running but now slow and accesses hard drive a lot. It only has 448 ram and maybe this is as fast as it goes. All help will be appreciated.

Thanks Al

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Even when you click the start button it often take several seconds before it comes up.

Hello and Welcome -
The above quote is not unusual on many systems, and many computers (older/smaller XP systems in general) can be slow at startup -
For a slow XP system please start with this Slow Computer Checklist
Make sure you have not over crowded the system, due to the smaller memory capacity.
Generally try to delete any unwanted programs and store any music or pictures onto CDs or DVDs -

If there are more "Specific" problems, please post back with them -

Regards -
EDITED for Spelling only -

Edited by noknojon, 20 June 2012 - 04:03 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

FWIW: Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html .

Louis

#4 al-123

al-123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

I have disabled jqs and that seems to help some. When i close a window it does not disappear but rolls down as it is ereased, taking about 5 sec to close.

Thanks
al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users