Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, from beautiful Yucatán

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yucatán Man

Yucatán Man

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hello everyone,

I really did feel badly that I had posted my problem before I introduced myself, please forgive me. But now I have the chance to make ammends. My name is Andres. I'm from the exuberant Yucatán peninsula en Mexico. Yes, that´s where Cancun is. But I don´t live there. I live in the jungle, in a small Mayan comunity. I have what is considered here, as a large Internet Café, although I only have seven workstaions. But buy local standards that is alot. I have 6 megs of bandwith, which is many times more than the MX average. I also give small English classes which helps me to make ends meet. At $1.50 per class, I'll never get rich, but it helps to pay the rent. It might be interesting for you to note that the mayan children often learn English easier that Spanish, becuase Mayan has a similar gramatical structre to that of English. At least more that Spanish. I studied Engeniering in Texas in the 80's, that is where I learned my English. But I was no able to finish. (Family economic problems) I have made a living alternately as a sheep herder, goat breeder, cattleman (It sounds much more lucrative than it was), a horse breeder (American Quarter Horses, I lost all of my money en that one), a teacher, a salesman, and a small buiseness owner. I know how to live of the jungle. I know which bark of what tree is the same as Bayer asperin. I know which snakes you can eat. (The many species of rattler are excelent) My daugher is studying nursing about 80 km from here. My son is in High School. I am truley happy with my life (even though we live in a very hot, humid, tropical zone without any A/C - HaHa!) Even though I have been able to use much of what I learned in Texas to help me arm the PC's and setup my "Ciber" or internet Café, it was a very long time ago and I never really worked in the "technology" profesions. So I sometimes find networking in Windows very frustrating. Google helps! I hope that this forum might help also, I see there are many people very capable here and some very helpful sub forums.

After the first post I made in the Virus, Trojan, spyware forum, I was afraid that perhaps I had offended someone and would not recieve any help. I think I went too far explaining my point of view about multinationals and software piracy en third world countries. I certainly don´t support it, but it´s a fact of life here. Please accept my apologies anyone who was offended o simply "rubbed the wrong way." Many times when I start writing, I don´t know when to stop. And with that in mind, this seems like a good place. Here´s the link in case you want to know what I´m talking about.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic457572.html

Thank you for having me,

Andres

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Welcome to BC!
The delay in replying to your log was not its length or its extraneous matter, but simply the result of more logs being submitted than qualified people to help resolve the problems shown, so logs are generally put into a queue so that earlier posters receive help first.
Thanks for joining,
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Yucatán Man

Yucatán Man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Thank you for the welcome!

Andres

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users