Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buy new battery for Dell Laptop??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 and the battery does not last too long - maybe 45 minutes so I usually keep it plugged most of the time. It is about 7 years old (I know, I know) but runs great and AustrAlien helped me put in a new hard drive. I use a desktop most of the time but like using the laptop too.

Question is: Should I spend the money on a new battery. Dell had a 6 cell one for $125 or an 8 cell one for $145. I do not play games so Dell said the 6 cell would be fine (3-4 hours). The generic ones I see online don't really have very great reviews. I could get one at Staples for $109 with a one year warranty so I can bring it back locally, if I had to. What are your thoughts??

Edited by judyjht, 19 June 2012 - 07:43 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ashutosh Mishra

Ashutosh Mishra

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hi,

My name is Ashutosh Mishra

We understand that the battery on your Inspiron 6000 is not lasting for more than 45 min. and you are looking for a replacement battery.

We would like to inform you that you can find and order a compatible battery for your Inspiron 6000 by following this link: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&category_id=2999&mfgpid=167571

The batteries ordered directly from Dell will carry a 1 year warranty on them.

Please be informed that we don’t recommend any third party battery on a Dell computer, as it might damage the computer.

Always buy genuine Dell branded accessories for your Dell computer and enjoy hassle free computing experience.

Hope this helps resolve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashutosh Mishra

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 August 2012 - 07:18 AM.
Revealed link and removed spammy content. ~ OB

#3 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the reply. How long should the battery hold out - a few hours???

#4 Ashutosh Mishra

Ashutosh Mishra

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

A 6-Cell battery can last for up to 2-3 hours on a complete charge.
However, it also depends on the kind of the work that you do on the computer.

If you are playing a game or watching a movie, the battery will drain out quickly and can last up to 2 hrs.
However, if you doing simple computing, email checking and Internet surfing, then it can last up to anywhere between 2.5-3 hrs.

However, if you are using a 9 Cell battery, then you can expect it to last for up to 3-5hrs., again depending on the usage.

Hope this helps resolve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashutosh Mishra

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 August 2012 - 07:19 AM.
Removed spammy content. ~ OB

#5 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:14 AM

Thanks so much. I don't watch movies and play games so I guess I am good to go! Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users