Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Sweden

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bettyinsweden

Bettyinsweden

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hello Bleeping Computer folks.
I am so happy to find this forum- I am a 77 year old. I use my computer for family history and to read the news and stay in touch with family and friends in the USA-
Last week at my summer home I got the security shield virus. On that pc I have IE and Foxfire. I could not get IE as the virus kept giving me an alert. I went to Foxfire dertermined to find help. I found this site as was able to get rid of it. Today we came back into town and this pc received a gift of unwanted security shield. Only had IE on this pc. I did a system restore in order to get to the internet and find this site again.
I just downloaded the kill tool and am now running the Malwarebytes.
Both times I was reading the New York Daily News. I know the newspaper is not at fault but some horrible person is!
Thank you so much for posting the information I needed.
Betty Dahlstedt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Let us know if you still need help after running Malwarebytes; I am confident our Members can provide additional help if you need it. Once you have a clean computer, you might want to install the latest version of Firefox.
Thanks for joining and welcome (again) to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users