Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

7 password

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dragonking

dragonking

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hello all

I am really baffled here :angry: my friend put a new password in windows 7 .. But when he started up the computer again, it would not let him in with his new password (also tried the old password)...
So I have it now, Used Trinity Rescue Kit .To restore the old password (in SAM) but there is no password in the system (no old & no new) but it still will not let me in...(Tried ADMIN & admin)
Please can anyone help me?
Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=lost+administrator+password+windows+7&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS369US309&ie=UTF-8&aq=0h&oq=lost+admi

#3 dragonking

dragonking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hi

I Have used most of these.. The problem is there is no password in the system and it still will not let me in. I have used the "restore" using a system disk trying to return to the old password, But half way through the restore prossess it says"restore has not restored Successfully" Leaving the restore point still there...

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

What do you mean it won't let you in? Is it asking for a password?

#5 dragonking

dragonking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Yes it is asking for a password

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Is the password at bios level or at the OS? At what point is it asking for a pw and what is the EXACT dialog box you see?

#7 dragonking

dragonking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

it is asking for the password at OS level "to enter desktop"

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

Okay, then I'm sorry but I'm equally stuck. If none of the methods in the Google search work and if you don't believe there is a password, I'm not sure what the problem is. You can try a repair reinstallation: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users