Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Headset Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 padme

padme

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

After going through cleaning and malware/spyware scanning processes in the thread linked below, it was decided that my headset might be the cause of extreme lag when i am playing diablo3, or browsing the internet with it running in the background. I also have somewhat high CPU usage (between 15%-30%) when i only have Diablo3 and 1 or 2 websites open at the same time. I did a system restore earlier today because my computer started freezing after doing all the malware scans etc, whereas before that i was only experiencing lag so not sure what happened there. Other than that i haven't done anything else because i have no idea what to do or what's causing the problems. The link to the thread i first made to look into the problem is linked below and i have provided my computer specs as well. If anyone can help, please let me know if there is any other information you may need.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic457136.html/page__gopid__2735673#entry2735673

Computer specs
Alienware M17X10
Windows 7 professional
Service pack 1
8gig Ram
64 bit operating system
Intel Core i7 CPU 1.73 Ghz

Headset

Logitech G930

Thanks in advance

Padme

Update 1 - I have installed updated software. Will see if that fixes the problem and reply here.

PS. Forgot to add my Logitech Headset type, added it to the OP.

EDIT: merged 3 posts into 1 so it doesn't look like 9 help replies~~ boopme

Update 2 - I updated my headset software but i am still having the same problems. I thought since the subject is my headset now that i should also say that it is constantly losing signal enough so that it an annoyance, and it keeps telling me it only has 1h left before it goes flat, which is impossible because im not using it wirelessly atm. I'm also hearing a ticking noise every so often. It makes several tick noises then stops and does the same thing throughout the day every so often.

Edited by padme, 20 June 2012 - 01:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Please...Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .

Did you uninstall the Logitech device...and any attendant software?

Louis

#3 padme

padme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hi Louis,

I updated the software the other day, however since reading your reply i have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.

Here's the snapshot you requested.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/38GRpo81gkIKBRqwX6qL5oC

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users