Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some problems.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZlobIsFun

ZlobIsFun

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Well, I noticed my computer slowing down after some time. Which is expected, despite my routine cleaning.

I am a gamer.

I installed Max Payne 3 maybe two weeks ago, and with it came a ton of new software updates, I presume.

I'm not sure if I have too many .net frameworks, or what. But here we go.
Before, my task manager window would have less than 20 proccesses. Now, at start-up, it has an average of 42.
The only things that start with my computer are Skype, Malwarebytes, and wheelmouse for my gaming mouse.

I have all non-microsoft services disabled, as I do not require them (Except for my Nvidia display driver service).
I run ccleaner regularly, as well as advanced system care 5.

I honestly don't have to, as I have 8GB ram, and a quad core proccesor (Despite a clock of 1.8GHz).
I defrag when I can, and always uninstall programs I stop using. (Except for a few eye-candy games I know I will play when I get very bored)
The proccesses consist of svchosts and some of them are affiliated with .net framework.

I am looking to address what needs to be removed as is no longer useful to me, because I like to keep my process list low and know what is being ran.

AS far as viruses go, I have ran many tests in the past week and cleaned many things.
I've ran eset online scanner, mbam, combofix, and have personally deleted any suspicious registry keys. I have researched them before deleting.
I also regularly disable any windows services I know I won't utilize, so I know how many processes should be up and running.

My second problem is with my ethernet port, whenever I restart my computer, or the router, I do not have internet connection. I diagnose the problem, and it claims to have some kind of hardware or driver failure. However, when I take the ethernet cord out and very slowly put it in to where the green flash occurs (If I go any further, it will stop) I hold it there, and once it obtains the IP address I push it all the way in and it continues to work.

Is this a driver problem? It doesn't seem like a hardware problem, because once it obtains the IP address, it will work when it is fully inserted.

So yeah, to sum it up, I just want to minimize my process list, and figure out what the problem is with my Ethernet. (I've tried with multiple cables by the way).

I am ready to run tests if needed. Thank you. :]

Also, integrated ethernet:
Realtek RTL8201N

Edited by ZlobIsFun, 18 June 2012 - 10:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hi -
>"I run ccleaner regularly, as well as advanced system care 5."<
For part of the first problem delete the IObit program (advanced system care 5) and then clean it up from Item 17 at this link http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/
The IObit cleaner / remover has never fully removed all the files and you will have conflicts with other programs.
Now install a decent Antivirus program - (avast! , Avira , Microsoft Security Essentials) To list a few free versions -

For part 2 of the items; I think that you need to use another new Ethernet cable as the connections seem faulty, or your internal computer end of the connection is faulty.

These are only the first basic changes I would make, but others will have more for you -

Regards -
EDIT - If you wish to use a 3rd party Defrag program I would put Defraggler Free (from CCleaner makers) as an option -
Link =>> http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download/standard
However please note that Windows7 Auto defrags with the inbuilt program -

Edited by noknojon, 18 June 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#3 ZlobIsFun

ZlobIsFun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi -
>"I run ccleaner regularly, as well as advanced system care 5."<
For part of the first problem delete the IObit program (advanced system care 5) and then clean it up from Item 17 at this link http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/
The IObit cleaner / remover has never fully removed all the files and you will have conflicts with other programs.
Now install a decent Antivirus program - (avast! , Avira , Microsoft Security Essentials) To list a few free versions -

For part 2 of the items; I think that you need to use another new Ethernet cable as the connections seem faulty, or your internal computer end of the connection is faulty.

These are only the first basic changes I would make, but others will have more for you -

Regards -
EDIT - If you wish to use a 3rd party Defrag program I would put Defraggler Free (from CCleaner makers) as an option -
Link =>> http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download/standard
However please note that Windows7 Auto defrags with the inbuilt program -

Well, as far as antiviruses go I don't really prefer to have one. I control mostly everything with my firewall, and am not very idioitic when it comes to obtaining viruses, being phished, and etc. I always verify things, and I keep everything on my system up to date if possible.
Also, I don't use the iObit cleaner, I use it for the defragging and other tools it comes with to customize my certain settings.
I use ccleaner as it runs the uninstaller.msi. (Usually I use the program and features option from control panel)

My initial problem is simply the increase in SVCHOSTS. It started after I installed max payne 3. As for the ethernet, I am just going to buy a PCIe card for a fix.

Edited by ZlobIsFun, 19 June 2012 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users