Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Slow Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dano22

Dano22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

I have a home built computer with Windows XP professional.

Processor -AMD Athlon 62 X2 Dual
Hard Drive - 300GB 7200 RPM
Ram - 2 GB

I am having trouble with it being very slow. I think I have a virus.

I have Done the following:
1. Run Sophos End Point Security
2. Run Spybot search and destroy
3. Run Adaware
4. Run Windows Defender
5. Run "Hijack this" (log file at end of message)

Below and attached is the Text from "HijackThis". Does anything jump out at anybody from the log file or are there any other other measures I should take?

Thanks. I am new to this site. Any help is great.

Mod Edit: Removed HJT log data, not allowed/used in this forum and is not used for malware log topics. If you wish to post a malware log topic, please follow Steps 6-10 at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and post requested logs in the forum where the Prep Guide is located - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2012 - 05:26 PM.
Removed HJT log - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Worth reviewing, Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users