Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I strengthen my WiFi signal?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ebonienicole

ebonienicole

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

I'm not sure exactly what changed, but over the past few months, my WiFi signal has gotten so much weaker and it fluctuates way too often. Literally, one second my strength is Excellent and the next it's Low. It's so frustrating. What can I do to strengthen my signal? FYI it's an open connection so no one needs a password to tap into it. Should I password protect it? Will it make a difference?

I'm not great with hardware, but FYI:

We have two routers on one computer: a Linksys and TPLink and a Netgear router on another one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi -
Personally, I would first contact my Internet Service Provider for details on any local problems, and "how to secure your connection".

Next ensure your Antivirus program is fully updated and scanning, just to be sure there are no problems -

Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users