Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cabirol1

cabirol1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

I recently downloaded ComboFix to rid my laptop from beeping or ringing when Im on the internet. No joy it's still beeping. Anyone got any advice ??? Thanks. Mick

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 June 2012 - 11:13 AM.
moved from Introductions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Combofix is not meant to "fix" general computer problems.

ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Publisher's Description
From sUBs:
Combofix was designed to scan a computer for known malware, spyware (SurfSideKick, QooLogic, and Look2Me as well as any other combination of the mentioned spyware applications) and remove them.

http://download.cnet.com/Combofix/3000-8022_4-75221073.html

Please be more specific about your issue. Is it constant? Does it do it when you do certain things like go backwards, open a page, etc.?

Do you have any instant messengers open and running?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 June 2012 - 11:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users