Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

So Confused About Connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mandybojengles

mandybojengles

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

WHY is this.. my router is connected to my pc.. that's always been like that since i had a connection to the internet with comcast.. then i get a lynksys router to connect my laptop with a wireless card.. i follow the instructions and hook it up and my laptop works fine (except when my phone rings becuase of the conflicting range or whatever) but suddenly my desktop has NO internet connection at all. it doesnt even find the modem i dont get it and i dont know how to fix it. i even tried calling comcast and they said it was someone else's problem and to contact them.. not even sure who!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

Is your desktop connected to the router, or to the modem? Try to connect it to the router using a LAN cable.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:58 AM

Try the following Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig /release. Once it has released enter.. ipconfig /renew
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 mandybojengles

mandybojengles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:19 AM

the modem i got from comcast is connected to the desktop. the router is connected with an ethernet cable to the modem and to the computer i believe... i dont know i still dont get it

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:24 AM

It should be Modem>Router>Computer
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users