Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clearing usernames

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 QuaGon

QuaGon

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:30 AM

This is my second posting on this subject without any help as yet.
i use msn messenger on a shared computer.
in order for me to sign in i have to click the sign in icon on the messenger window.
then a small square dialog box opens in the middle of the screen asking me to enter my username then password.
trouble is because many others have also connected via this computer, their usernames are now in an ever growing list within that box.
does anyone know how to clear this list. i have tried internet explorer settings but they have nothing to do with it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:44 PM

Don't feel ignored. No response probably means no one has an answer. Clearing names from those kind of list box seems to be nearly impossible. The really irritating ones are mistyped or spelled names that you can not get rid of.

Only suggestion is that most of those list boxes allow you to type just the first letter of your name and keep hitting just the first letter until your name shows up. Still aggravating but faster than scrolling.

#3 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:54 PM

Not sure if this will help but it's worth a shot, click Tools, click Internet Options, click the Content tab. Now click Auto Complete, click Clear forms and Clear passwords and then click Ok. HTH

Posted Image
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users