Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iwin game manager & web

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 51emeralds

51emeralds

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

I have had Iwin on my computer for sometime now but haven't played in quite sometime. Now I am unable to play some games and get a not connected to internet error. I was going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game manager, but now I can't even get their site to come up. I have purchased many games from them and don't know if they would be lost if I can't reload the manager. I am running win7, kaspersky pure, and EI9. I have allowed the site on kaspersky and explorer but the problems still exist. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,067 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

Do you have the manager set to automatically connect to the internet?

I have opened their site with no problems. Do you have problems accessing other sites?

Are you having other internet problems?

Have you tried navigating to the site using a different browser?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 51emeralds

51emeralds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for your reply!

Yes the manager is set to connect automatically, and I have had no problems with any other sites. No internet problems at all. The manager will not let me log in or go to any pages like support, new games etc, when I click on them I just get a beeping sound. When I go to the internet site it tries to load then I get a blank page. I have accessed both from another computer in my home with no problems. I think it must be something in my computer blocking it but I don't have a clue what it is. I can play the games but they usually freeze up during play. Haven't tried another browser but will try to find one and try it. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling would help?

#4 51emeralds

51emeralds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

I agree that the problem might be with my computer settings. I sent a support request to Iwin from my other computer, and they replied with a screen shot of instructions. On this computer the screen shot did not show on my email, but it shows on my email from the other computer. Any suggestions? On this computer I am unable to reply to Iwin since I can't access their web site from the search engine or the game manager. The only changes I did to my computer setting before this request, was to try to allow Iwin in my security settings. I just reset security setting back to default restarted my computer and I still can't get to Iwin. I haven't done any changes to my computer settings I the past because I don't know what I am doing. If changes were made I don't know how/when it happened because I am the only one using this computer.

Edited by 51emeralds, 19 June 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,067 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

I have accessed both from another computer in my home with no problems.

Are both computers using the same internet connection?

If it were just the game manager that was acting up, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it, but since you can't get to the website either, I don't think that's the problem.

Another thought: does the other computer have different security programs installed?

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

animinionsmalltext.gif

#6 51emeralds

51emeralds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

The computer with the problems uses Kaspersky Pure, and the other one uses Avast. They both use the same cable connection.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,067 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'd say that something in Kaspersky Pure is blocking both the game manager and the iWin website. Kaspersky Pure has both AV and firewall, right? Check the logs for both the AV and the Firewall sections and see if you can determine which is the culprit.

Unfortunately, I have no means of testing the settings as I don't use that security product.

Orange Blossom

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users