Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got a new laptop, need antivirus recommendations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevebeasn

stevebeasn

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

So on my main PC I run without any antivirus software, and while dangerous, I'm usually very careful with what I download. I know I should have something monitoring my computer, and between my main PC and laptop (which I share with gf), I think it may be time to get a non intrusive antivirus software running. I always see stuff like Norton but from what I hear it's bloated. I want something small and effective, and something people on this forum would run.

Thanks for any suggestions!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

You ask a question we got a lot here at Bleeping Computer. We created this topic to help you get started with getting that answered. Please take a look here: Answers to common security questions - Best Practices Prevention & Choosing an Anti-virus or Firewall and here How Malware Spreads - How did I get infected. That will give you the foundation to refine your search. Once you have read those please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may still have.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users