Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Keeps Getting Blue Screen!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Erchino

Erchino

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hello,

Recently my computer has been getting the Blue Screen of Death a lot. Things I did before this started happening include playing the game Skyrim, using FRAPS, and also using a lot of Adobe Premiere Pro. I think there was a point in which my Skyrim game suddenly crashed and FROZE the computer. It's crashed before, but never frozen the computer. So I did a hard reset, not using the power button, but this other button that shuts down the computer immediately and restarts it, and I think it's after this point that the Blue Screen has begun to pop up. I'm not 100 percent sure but events somewhat this way before this started happening. I don't know if it was Skyrim's crash or my hard-resetting that did it, but something went wrong.

I tried a System Restore to a time when this didn't happen, and that didn't help either.

I'm at a loss at what to do. Please help!

I have a MAINGEAR computer, only a few months old.
Operating System: Windows 67 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology
Processor: Intel® core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHZ
Memory: 16284MB RAM (I believe 4gb for each one of 4 RAM sticks)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Please let me know if you need more information, and please help as soon as possible!
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#3 Erchino

Erchino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Do I need to actually get a crash? I open the program and nothing happens. It's just blank screens.

#4 Erchino

Erchino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

OK, I did some research and it seems the program finds something in this "mini dump" folder, however, there is nothing there, such folder doesn't exist in my C: Drive.

#5 Erchino

Erchino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

Also, one more thing, it seems these crashes happen at certain time intervals, around 1 hour apart. Hope this helps. But still can't find the minidump folder for the program to load from.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Go to System Properties - Advanced - Startup & Recovery Settings and UNcheck "Automatically Resart". Next time the blue screen appears it will remain on the screen. Post the entire contents here.

#7 Erchino

Erchino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Even when it was set to automatically restart it would never restart, it would just stay there. I have attached a photo of the Blue Screen error. It stays stuck here, I have to manually shut the computer off.

Attached Files

Edited by Erchino, 17 June 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

Let's check the ram and hd:

To check the ram, download memtest (http://memtest.org/). Burn it to a cd using a dedicated .iso burning utility (http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm), make sure the cd drive is at the top of the boot order in bios, then boot to the newly created cd and run the utility.

To run checkdisk, right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

Edited by Allan, 18 June 2012 - 06:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users