Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC won't boot after smart repair infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shandroid

Shandroid

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Hi, I know many folks have had loads of trouble with this awful virus but I am at my wit's end. I had a perfectly healthy dell xps 410 with vista a couple days ago until the smart repair virus infected my machine. I was able to follow this site's instructions for awhile but nothing helped. Malwarebytes said I was free of infection on normal and safe mode but I would start it up and the virus would open all the popups again. After doing this, a day later my PC would boot to blue screen. Each time it would have a different error message. The most recent is the page fault one. I have the exact message but not with me. I did a diagnostic and the SATA is in IDE failure. I can't go into safe mode anymore. The vista repair and install disk hangs at "searching for windows installations." I tried running Ubuntu but it can't mount my hard drive and says a long error message about fake RAID. I tried running SARDU and the antivirus force mounted my hard drive but said I was not infected. How can a perfectly healthy machine one day fail from a virus? I thought that a virus cant truly damage hardware? If I re-install vista are my files for sure lost? By the way, the machine had realtime virus protection but this rogue thing still got through. Can anyone offer any help? Thanks!

Edited by Shandroid, 17 June 2012 - 11:10 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users