Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys wireless router 8 digit pin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blufx

Blufx

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Setting up Internet Connection Sharing on Windows 7 machine. I'm using a USB wireless adapter on the host computer for internet. I connected a Linksys WRT54G wireless router to the LAN port, and planned to have other machines connected to it. Following Windows networking wizard, it recognized the router, then ask for the 8digit pin number located on a sticker on the bottom of the router. There's no such sticker there, and doesn't look like there ever was one. The stickers with the mac address, serial number, and FCC ID number are all there, but no pin number. Contacting Linksys got me nowhere. Because of the age of the router, they wanted me to pay more for tech help than the router cost. I can access the router setup, but couldn't find it there either. Anyone know what the number is or how to retrieve it?

Looking back....I should have been a lot more specific when I said I wanted to be somebody.albertavatar.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snemelk

snemelk

inżynier

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

That PIN number is probably related to the Wi-Fi Protected Setup feature...

I'm not a "networking" expert, but I guess you'll just need to set-up your wireless connection manually - refer to the router's manual, you can also take a look at this article: How to Setup a D-Link Router - it's for a different router, but it might help as it's a step-by-step instruction...
c18903e63196580f.gif
snemelk.hekko.pl - my site with a few computer security tips...
Silesia - that's where I live!

"If I had some duct tape, I could fix that." - MacGyver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users