Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Insidious web site took over

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scottintexas

Scottintexas

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

My wife was looking for birdhouse designs and clicked on one address to see what they had. It is "Yardtreat.com." This evil web site has set something that makes any selection from a search page go to their web site. I have removed all cookies, history, cache, and it still goes to their web site. I have closed an restarted Firefox. I went to options and blocked cookies, cache, off-line data storage. I checked the about:config for something, but I didn't see anything about yardtreat.com.

First let's all start hating them. Now tell me how to kill it.
Still searching for the "Read My Mind and Do It" button.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

If only Firefox is affected uninstall it completely using this guide: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_Firefox
Install fresh copy.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users