Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck Spacebar and mousepad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 solidg

solidg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

Hi all.
I have a new laptop. samsung NP300E5A with core i5 processor. Of late the space bar has been on the blink. It seems to be pressed down when I am not using it.

The problem was first apparent when using google chrome, but is now happening haphazardly on all other programs. This results in scrolling down pages, pause/play movies on media players and editing issues on word doc etc. A royal pain. At times the spacebar will not respond to me pressing it, but this occurs less so than what I already described. Furthermore, my mousepad gets stuck or freezes at times as well. These problems seem to be worsening. I can stop these freezes by pressing esc button, but its a temp fix.

Microsoft security essentials have not picked up any viruses. Malwarebytes picked up a fastdownload.exe malware that may have come from a torrent file I was attempting to download through torrent crazy. I have run a full Malwarebytes scan in safe mode without any revelations.

My computer knowledge is next to zero, therefore if someone can make suggestions pretend I'm a 5 year old so I can easily follow. This is my first post to such a forum.

I hope this is enough info.

Cheers,

Shawn

Edited by solidg, 17 June 2012 - 03:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

Welcome to BC Shawn :). By way of spacebar stuck down, do you mean when scrolling goes auto down just like pressing down arrow key? Have you installed any software recently or tried using another external keyboard?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users