Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web browsing crash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mpetrodoc

mpetrodoc

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

I have a Windows 7 computer connected via cable to internet. Over the last two days I have been having my connection crash every time I connect. I just get an endless hourglass.
I have "System Recovered" twice with same results. The only way to end the cycle is to physically shutdown computer. Even "Control" "Alt" "Delete" does not work. When I do that, after several minutes I get a popup saying "cannot connect". I can only connect now in Safemode.
Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mpetrodoc

mpetrodoc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

So. This problem is larger than I thought. It is happening in all of my processes. Any attempt to start another program takes several minutes (if it will open at all). Restarting the computer has no effect whatsoever.
The specific message I get with CTRL ALT DEL is : "The logon process was unable to display security and logon options when CTRL+ALT+DEL was pressed"
When I was able to get to that earlier, it showed between 25 and 35% CPU usage. Am I infected? My Avast deep scan didn't turn up anything.
PLEASE HELP. I'm dead in the water here!

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

I can only connect now in Safemode.

Do all programs work properly in SF aside from a regular connection resolve?

The logon process was unable to display security

See here from the discussion referring to any changes that is similar to your problem.

Tekken

#4 mpetrodoc

mpetrodoc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yes. It seems so. Everything seems to work fine in safemode.
Just not an area I'd really like to continue to try working out of :-(

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users