Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble exporting Fireworks CS5 mockup to Dreamweaver

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hi all. I've created an 8 page mockup in Fireworks CS5. It's about 90% where I want it to be and feel I can tweak the rest in Dreamweaver. However, when I export the site (created with Master Page layout) every page looks the same as the final page in the site. Basically all pages are identical. My Fireworks manual is crappy, so I just ordered another one. In the meantime I've tried finding the information on You Tube, Lynda.com, etc. but have ended up more confused than when I started. Everyone seems to have their own way of exporting and they're not uniform.

Adobe's help files say to select all the pages you want to export in the pages panel, right click and select> All Pages. But when I do, it seems that it does not know what to do with the Master Page and labels it Page 1, even though I name it index.html in the filename box, (even tried to rename it in the DW panel). It did not work.

I then tried exporting each page individually, opening all layers and exporting as "current page." At first I thought it was working. But then I found that even though each page created a corresponding file in Dreamweaver it was replacing each pages content with the last page I export. Page 1, 2, 3, etc. all look alike. In other words it was doing the same thing as when I tried to export the entire site file. Each page contained the same page, the last page, duplicated 8 times.

I just DON'T get it. I've tried unlinking from the Master page and exporting it that way. Didn't work. I wish I'd just designed the whole thing in DW to begin with. To heck with exporting!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users