Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 terrencej31

terrencej31

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hello to all,

I am sorry if I have not post this in the right section or if I did not give enough detail. I have search the web and this site but I could not solve the issue. My PC is freezing in Windows 7 x64. Using the mouse or typing control/alt/delete does not work. I use it for Recording music. My software is Avid Pro Tools 8 and Propellerhead Reason 5.
I thought one of those was the problem until it froze while I was online and also when I was using Microsoft Word. Almost at anytime it will freeze causing me to press the power button (Hard Reboot). I did a Memory Test, Virus Scan and SCF Scan. No help to this problem. I saw on another website that it might be the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphics card. I do not have any Minidumps because I do not get any BSOD errors.

Windows 7 x64
Sevice Pack 1
AMD Phenom™ II x4 840 Processor 3.20 Ghz
Installed Ram 6.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphics card

Thanks in Advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,572 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Let's check the hd. To run checkdisk, right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

#3 terrencej31

terrencej31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Okay, I had a death in my family and I have been away for a while. I just logged on today and I received a BSOD!

Attached Files

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hi -
Please check out the FAQ and upgrades for Propellerhead Reason 5 and 6 -
If you have Reason 6, the upgrade to Reason 6.5 is free. The same is true for Reason Essentials and the Reason Essentials 1.5 upgrade. You can download the upgrade HERE. When you access the download page your upgrade license will be issued to your account. Once you have received your license you can add it to your Ignition Key for offline use.
If you have Reason 5 or earlier, or Record, you can upgrade to Reason 6.5 in two ways: with the Reason Upgrade or through Balance with Reason Essentials

Also check out •Pro Tools 8 compatibility and upgrade information

You may be missing drivers or updates for both programs -

>>"I saw on another website that it might be the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 graphics card"<<
Make sure that you visit the NVIDIA site to check for Graphic Card updates -
Your Graphics card is a bit on the "basic side" for the work you are doing, as my fairly basic XP SP3 Pro has a NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT card istalled
Also I would look at replacing, or at least test your Power Supply Unit -

Regards -
EDITED to check links -

Edited by noknojon, 27 June 2012 - 12:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users