Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lenovo mobo spiked

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shart4legged

shart4legged

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Alright, I am faced with replacing a Lenovo Idea center desk top motherboard that was recently spiked during a thunder storm. Although the computer was on a surge protector the spike apparently came through the phone line that was unprotected. Fried the DSL Modem also.
Due to the lack of availability and the ridiculous prices of the CIH67M (K330b) mother board I would like to replace it with a comparable ASUS 1175 socket board.
As this is my first experience with a Lenovo product I was hoping someone would have some insight to any problems of a proprietary nature that may crop up. I.E The system not recognizing the hard drive ala Dell etc. Has anyone had any experience with replacing major components in a Lenovo desk top product? Any and all information/experiences you have had will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 17 June 2012 - 10:52 AM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users