Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Meet The Hackers Who Sell Spies The Tools To Crack Your PC (And Get Paid Six-Figure Fees)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Many vulnerabilities & exploits for commonly used software are known to Governments, but not necessarily in the public domain.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2012/03/21/meet-the-hackers-who-sell-spies-the-tools-to-crack-your-pc-and-get-paid-six-figure-fees/
http://www.vupen.com/english/research-vuln.php

IMHO the more vulnerabilities we are able to find and develop patches for, a more secure world we will live in :)

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

Nice read, thanks.

#3 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Ditto

Thanks for the links and the post.

As I keep stumbling further and further down this cyber-fueled rabbit hole, I continue to be amazed.

Onward,

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Vupen has spent the time and money to stop hackers. Why large companies and governments don't do the same is the real question. If I build a better mouse trap I will not give it away but I surly will sell it.

#5 Jeff H.

Jeff H.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

well, that's where we are right now and it won't change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users