Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus (Scour.com)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stgclawson

stgclawson

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hi. I really need some help please! I have had a Google redirect virus for a couple of weeks now and nothing I do gets rid of it. Bits & pieces get removed, but the redirect keeps coming back. It used to redirect to random different sites, but now it seems to be focused only on Scour.com (so far). Here is what I have ran:

FixTDSS
HiJack This
Hitman Pro
Malwarebytes
rkill
Spybot Search & Destroy
Super Antispyware
TDSSKiller
AVS

Some find nothing, some find things and claim to cure it, but it just won't stay permanently gone! Please help!

I am running Windows XP Home, Service Pack 3 (automatic windows updates)
Firefox 12.0

Thanks,
Tracy

P.S. I posted this originally in the Security Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum. Then realized maybe I was supposed to post in this forum first. Sorry for double post.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Not to worry. The general process is to post in the Am I Infected? Forum first, then if needed to submit a log. The important thing, however, is that you are getting help ridding your hard drive of malware. Since you have submitted a log, further replies to this thread are not necessary.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users