Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 freezes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thenut68

thenut68

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

my pc used to freeze after sleep or hibernate, now, it freezes after restart or just turning it on. Can someone please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

hi, has you PC ever been opened and cleaned of any dust buildup

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 thenut68

thenut68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

no i havent ever cleaned it its an alienware pc and i am not sure i can do it.
but, if u think i should i will try it.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

so its not a PC its a Laptop ,PC is used to describe a desktop tower computer .and im not suggestion you try cleaning it yourself if it a laptop .best left to the pro,s

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

You need to provide a LOT more information. EXACTLY what happens and EXACTLY when does it happen? Tell us about your system. Tell us what happens if you boot to safe mode. The more information you provide the better the chances are that we can assist you.

#6 thenut68

thenut68
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

what happens is my pc freezes when i start it up, safe mode runs fine, it is an alienware aurora PC core I7 processer, dual nvidia 260 cards, with 6 gigs of ram, i updated the video drivers and it started up this morning just fine, but it still freezes up when playing open gl games like neverwinter nights. I resd thst there is s registry fix called tdr delay, but that seemed to make things worse so i removed it. there error message i get sometimes is the graphics have lost connection with the display or something . Nvidia website says use the tdr delay fix in the registry, but that is for vista only it seems. Also i cant use sleep mode or hibernate or it will still freeze upon awakening. I am going to open the case and try to clean it, since it is 2 years old and never been cleaned.

Edited by thenut68, 17 June 2012 - 04:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users