Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CDA Audio Files, CD wont play :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 krystalkalikopper

krystalkalikopper

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

I burned a CD with ITunes with like 15 songs. They played good on the computer, but when I went to play it in my car.. It said error. I arrived at work and now it plays in the work computer! Turns out my itunes put all the files on the CD as CDA files instead of MP3s. Now that the CD is already burned.. is there a way to reformat the CD I have to MP3 so that it can play in my car.. or will I have to restart the process..
OR can I like take these CDA files and save them to the computer i have at work, completely erase all from the CD and restart with somehow reburning them as MP3s?
And how do I prevent this from happening again.. why would my itunes even do CDA instead of MP3 like.. wtffff

My drive home is long.. so I want this CD working! LOL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Are you trying to make a regular audio CD or a MP3 CD.

Standard CDs are not MP3 format.

Only a CD-RW is erasable / reusable. A CD-R is a one time write process with no erase.

Compact Disc Audio track
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_Audio_track

A CD Audio Track or .cda file is a small (44 bytes) file generated by Microsoft Windows for each track on an audio CD (it is a virtual file that can be read by Windows software, but is not actually present on the CD audio media). The file contains indexing information that programs can use to play or rip the disc. The file is given a name in the format Track##.cda.

So it sounds as if Itunes created a standard audio disk. If you buy a cd at the store does your car play that?

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

In my (modest) experience, car stereos are the the ones most likely to have problems playing home-burned CD-Rs.

I've had the best luck by burning the CD as slowly as possible. My computer doesn't have any trouble playing CDs that are burned at 48X (its top speed), but my car stereo plays most reliably if I burn the CD at no faster than 8X. Also, there are several brands of CD-Rs that just will not play in my car -- for instance, Verbatim CD-Rs play fine in my home players and my wife's Subaru, but they will not play at all in my Dodge Caravan. And, since most car manufacturers source their players from various manufacturers, I can't say that all Dodges, or even all Dodge Caravans, will behave like mine.

First step, in my opinion, would be to make sure you burn your CD at the slowest speed possible.

If you're sure that your car player will play MP3s burned to a CD you need to specify MP3 when you use Itunes to burn the disc. (I have Itunes but I don't use it often, and never use it to burn CDs, so I can't help much there.) I'd still make sure it will play an audio CD before I tried an MP3 CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users