Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes when opening firefox or internet explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ryanreenter

ryanreenter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

So I was using my computer all day yesterday then around 9:30pm my computer kept freezing while running firefox. I restarted and it did it again. I rebooted and opened internet explorer and the same thing kept happening. It had been a while since Ive done a fresh install so I thought that this would be a good time to do one. Backed everything up and reinstalled. Everything runs great now. Here's the problem. All of my clients are calling me with the same problem. I can quite put my finger on it. It seems like a virus but I cant get a scanner to detect anything. Could it be a virus or possibly a windows update? Anyone else having this issue? I amy end up just reinstalling computers all day.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ryanreenter

ryanreenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

Apparently Im not the only one noticing this because there are a lot of people viewing this post and I just put it up 10 min ago. Get in here and let us know whats happening to your pc and what you've done to fix it.

#3 ryanreenter

ryanreenter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Solved. Vipre antivirus is causing the issue. Uninstall it and replace it with Microsoft security essentials. That will do the trick

#4 GFI_Nick

GFI_Nick

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

Ryanreenter,

The problem was related to a problem with a specific definition update which went out to some VIPRE users. The issue was related to specific types of flash content. The update was taken offline as soon as a problem was noticed and a fix was sent out in definitions version 12060. If you have VIPRE already installed, just make sure the definitions are up to date and you should no longer see this problem. If you reinstall VIPRE, it should pull down the latest definitions and you should also not have any further issues with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users