Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Direct3D and OpenGL crap out

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PolterGhost

PolterGhost

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

So, whenever I try to run certain programs, typically games, sometimes media players, there seems to be a random chance of getting an error of something along the lines of "DirectDraw drivers failed to initialize!" Typically, the chance starts at 0% for a reboot, and steadily increases to a large margin of failure over a course of three days. If my computer goes for a good three days without a reboot, this error will more likely than not occur.

A fresh reboot solves the issue, but I'm wondering if there's anything on my side that's causing the issue aside from bit leak. I'm using a Toshiba laptop with an ATI Radeon 3100 graphics card displaying in 16 bit graphics with 1404 MB of memory. I find that there's less chance of crapping out on 16 bits as opposed to 32 bits, and sometimes switching between the two solves issues about one in ten times (which is far less reliable than a reboot.) Typically, when receiving this error, I notice that the toolbar in the lower-right of the screen opens and closes very slowly/choppily compared to the first 48 hours of a boot up. Whether the two are connected or not, I would infer yes, but I won't make any sudden judgments.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users