Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

all antivirus's failed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yin2yang

yin2yang

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

The problem I'm having gets worse after each restart. So far it was not something I noticed until just a few minutes ago when I started getting "low memory warning" messages every few minutes >.>

First, I'm running windows 7 64 bit home edition.

First problem I encountered was approximately 3 days ago. I had a problem with my dvd burner. I went to burn some pictures to a cd-rw disc and it locked windows explorer trying to open it. Then I couldn't get into any of my windows explorer related programs. Windows control panel was locked out, the system tray was unable to load, I couldn't open C drive, or D drive manually (D drive is a spare 320 gig hard drive, external).

I rebooted, it hung in log off mode indefinitely. Manual hard shut down.

I then pressed the power button, and the computer hung upon reboot, and forced me to manually hard boot again. So I shut it down and then after a minute tried again, attempted to load into safemode. It locked up again, and would not enter safemode.

Scared I'd lost my data, I rebooted and allowed a repair of boot up. Then rebooted and it loaded into windows normally.

I then ran combofix which hung at reboot, and reboot hung again at log-off.

Then I manually rebooted, again.

This time it let me get into safemode and I ran combo fix the entire length, reboot and all, without fail. It found a couple of files, one of which was devil.dll and deleted them.

Ok, I thought my issues were solved as all my client pc's have been repaired this way in the past.

I then tried to open the cd drive. Nothing. Again, it froze, and the same issues persisted. Mind you the disk in the drive is blank.

Then I downloaded spybot search and destroy. I began a scan of it the moment it finished, it found just under 50 issues, and then when I clicked immunize it gave me an error. "Warning you do not have administrator privileges. To properly immunize please rerun with administrator privileges." So... I exited.

Now spybot won't run. I rebooted the system, rebooted to safemode, every time it's rebooting fine now, no log off hangs. No start up hangs.

But it won't let me get half way through a scan with microsoft security essentials, tdsskiller locks up, spybot won't open, the exe comes up in the task manager, but will not actually "load".

I've run out of ideas entirely. I've never once been beaten by a virus, as I am a computer repair man by trade, but this time I have been stumped to the point of a potential windows reinstall. I refuse to do that unless absolutely required. Any suggestions on software tricks I may have overlooked or antivirus programs I may have neglected...... would there be a point in using bartpe to somehow find the virus? I'm not very good with bartpe yet, so haven't dared to try it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users